Hard Drive not showing up in My Computer Fix –
Seagate hardrive not visible in My Computer.
First I plugged the Seagate Backup Plus Portable 1 TB, For Mac and Pc, on my Acer Aspire 7750G (Windows 7) to make sure it worked.
After that I gave it to 2 different friends to dump some files off their Macs. Then I plugged it into my PC and it did not show up on “My Computer”. The computer recognized the External Hard drive and gave me the option to
Safely Remove but that was about it.
Try at your own risk” due to some not thinking about getting the correct file for their computer or if it is results may not be the same. Every computer is different
How to fix it:
1) Connect the Seagate External drive to the Windows Computer.
2) Go to: http://www.seagate.com/sg/en/support/downloads/item/backup-plus-mac-software-master/
(UPDATED 12.17.14* It seems they removed the file from the seagate website. You can download the file here: http://www.mediafire.com/download/vkla9tluevpg7xi/HFS4WIN.exe)
This is a Windows Driver to Allow Seagate “For Mac” Drives to Work on Windows (HFS4Win.exe)
3) Scroll to the bottom of the page and Click on [DOWNLOAD]
4) After it downloads, Install and follow the Wizard prompts to complete installation
5) Reboot the Computer
6) Go to My Computer, find your external Drive and do your victory dance. Click on thumbs up and please leave positive feedback! Thanks for stopping by.
My apologies, I didn’t have a screen capture video program at this time so i had to record the process on my Sony Cybershot (16.2mp). Hope this helps!
My apologies: I do not currently have a screen capture
Go ahead. It will just take a second!Enter your Email Address